RULES & REGS

Everyone is equal, everyone should be excellent to each other, and everyone should be supportive. No racist, sexist, or otherwise derogatory messages will be allowed here. We’re all one family, so be sure you act accordingly.

MCRmy members can support MCR in many ways. If there are promotional materials to distribute, you can help do that. You can also help by helping spread videos and news online when asked, or simply by talking to people you know about the band. You can help in any way that you feel comfortable.

Aug 8, 2011

ENTRY: MCR Tour Blogger Entry for SPAC (Saratoga, NY) 9/16


My mother once called me a MCR reference book. 

But that’s not relevant, she just thought I should add that in there for shits and giggles.

My Chemical Romance will always be more than music to me. To me, My Chem is how I grew up. I started listening to them about a year after Bullets came out- I was 9. I was still a child, listening to this music that, compared to my normal music love of the Backstreet Boys, was so dark and angst-filled. But it was beautiful- I couldn’t stop myself from listening.
 

But when I did doesn’t matter, it’s what they’ve done for me. My Chem has brought me out of the darkest moments in my life, a few of which I’ve been lucky enough to thank them for. They are my picker-upper. 

They remind me I’m not alone.
 

They also reconnected me with my, now, fiancé. 

I’ve done insane things for them. I’ve lied bluntly to my parents about where I am to sneak out to see them. I’ve waited 7 days in the snow and winter outside in a MCR jacket and skinny jeans just to be in front, I’ve sold near and dear possessions for a ticket... but nothing can really stop my love for them. I have the utmost respect for them, as well. Every little word of advice they give I take and try to take it to heart- to better myself. They encouraged me to pick up a guitar, to sing, to write, to draw. My creative side can’t thank them more for the endless inspiration they give me. 

Being part of the MCRmy has done wonders for me, for a good while it gave me support and showed me I wasn’t the only one like myself out there, it gave me friends, and it didn’t matter where they were. It was a support group, a family, and today it still is (to an extent).

But... enough about my personal life, this is why I’m here.

I want the reporter position for the SPAC show in Saratoga, NY.

For many reasons.

I’ve been to 65 MCR shows, and I’ve always written reviews or recaps, every time. Wether I post them online or not, they’re always on my hard drive. But I’ve never been able to share them... to a mass extent.

And I’d love to. I’d love for people to not only experience what I did, but I want to be able to prove to those ‘skeptical’ people- that MCR will only get better with time. From Bullets to Danger Days, I’ve seen it all. It’s all been a beautiful journey, and I’d love to share it.

Also, this would be the only way I could take my best friend to see MCR for the first time... since we’re both broke and I live in NYC, and she lives in Vermont.

Transportation is easy, ticket prices are yuck.

But I’ll stop being a sap here.


CREDIT:brandyjohnson - buzznet

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for such an interesting post. Really appreciate that hard work you put in your blog.

    ReplyDelete