RULES & REGS

Everyone is equal, everyone should be excellent to each other, and everyone should be supportive. No racist, sexist, or otherwise derogatory messages will be allowed here. We’re all one family, so be sure you act accordingly.

MCRmy members can support MCR in many ways. If there are promotional materials to distribute, you can help do that. You can also help by helping spread videos and news online when asked, or simply by talking to people you know about the band. You can help in any way that you feel comfortable.

Oct 10, 2011

REVIEW: Tour Blogger: Honda Civic Tour Virginia Beach

by Emma

Have you ever noticed how crazy life can get? One day you hear an amazing song by an amazing band for the first time, then two years from that exact day, you're in the photo pit taking pictures of that same band performing that same song.
Yeah...life can get pretty insane.

Soon after my friend Marlena and I arrived at Farms Bureau in Virginia Beach, I began to take pictures like I was paparazzi. Of course the place was overflowing with teens in Blink 182 t-shirts. Still, every now and then, a burst of ferocious colors would catch my eye. My heart would skip a beat, knowing this ensured a killjoy was nearby. Although, in spite of the differences, a smile was plastered on everyone's faces as if permanent.

When I finally knew the deal about access to the photo pit and when to come and go, I was able to sit down and let the butterflies in my stomach rest. Anxiety blazed in my eyes while enchanment boiled under my skin...itching in my palm where I clutched my inadequate camera. Once Matt & Kim were finished, I was to rush to the edge of the photo pit and relax with the other photographers. We would wait there until ordered to do otherwise. For now though, my job was to enjoy the lovely duo Matt & Kim. This, of course, was immensely simple due to the band's impeccable talent and energy. The two did a splendid job of raising the crowd's enthusiasm. After their farewell, I knew it was time for them. My Chemical Romance.

I hurried on over to my arranged meeting spot and settled with the other professionial photographers. We all huddled together to shield ourselves from the rain. Afterwards, we were given the signal to take refuge in the pit. While waiting for the band, my nerves were taking over and I started to tremble. This can't be happening, this can't be happening continually repeated in my mind. All of a sudden, the lights went off.

Screams rang in my ears and my heartbeat echoed in my head. I waited painfully for the band to step out after the BL/ind agent. A countdown began. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2...

 Out of nowhere a shock of red hair pierced my eyes. Then the Na Na Na rift began to emanate from the darkness, barely audible through the crowd's vicious screams of exhiliration. Gerard's vocals flowed from him like a waterfall. Ray's guitar blew up the venue with its cheerful tune, while Frank's guitar skills and exuberance attacked the crowd. Mikey's bass-line blasted the fans with its raging beat. I was in my bliss when next thing I knew, the song was over. Far too soon, in my opinion. However, my disappointment swiftly alternated to overpowering excitement when the guitar to I'm Not Okay began. This was the song that two years ago that very day, started it all for me. I took so many pictures I was barely able to enjoy myself! Honestly though, when MCR is right in front of you, they're no longer the heroes we percieve them to be.

They're just boys...boys who just want to sing their song.

When the song ended, it was time for me to go back to my seat. I was in no way upset because my life had just been made. I was just inches from the band that opened up my blind eyes in a world of inscrutability. Inches from the band that stands for defiance, persevearance, and hope for all. Inches from the band that had started my life.

The rest of their act was breath-taking, as expected. The band's drive to constantly give it all they got never fails to put a smile on any fan's face. They consistently ambushed and slaughtered any song that faced them, overwhelming all nearby. We all joined Gerard in order to prepare for the hymn that was Helena. Everyone got up and danced until their feet burned for the rock anthem Teenagers. The fans screamed as loud as possible at the beginning of every new song! Then, the piano intro to Welcome to the Black Parade started, sending everyone into a fit of shrieks and cries. Every single soul in the venue sang the lyrics in sync with Gerard, as if we were all apart of the band as well. Once the song ended, we hollered and screamed until our little lungs gave out. Other songs that followed that night were Planetary(GO!), The Only Hope for me is You, Mama, The Kids from Yesterday, Give em' Hell kid, and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W/. My friend and I eagerly anticipated the next song when the faint sound of a piano began to swim in my ears. The song was instantly recognized. Cancer. The fans hushed one another because it was now time to be quiet. Gerard's melodic voice danced into my heart, luring me into a trance with its lullaby quality. The lyrics inhabited my mind.

"Cause the hardest part of this is leaving..." The crowd cried and applauded, only to resume silence for Gerard to finish. "Youuuu..." After that last note, he left without a word.

I sadly had to depart after My Chem and was unable to see Blink. I'm almost certain they killed it, though! Nevertheless, I was honored just to see MCR and to also experience such an oppurtunity I could never even dream of. During my ride home, I thought about how Gerard would write on his arm his expectations for the show of the night. Sadly(due to his signature leather jacket), I was unable to catch a glimpse of what he had written this night. I glanced down at my own left forearm where I had scribbled MIND-BLOWING.

Indeed it was.

xoNinjaKat

See the rest of Emma's photos on Buzznet

source

No comments:

Post a Comment