RULES & REGS

Everyone is equal, everyone should be excellent to each other, and everyone should be supportive. No racist, sexist, or otherwise derogatory messages will be allowed here. We’re all one family, so be sure you act accordingly.

MCRmy members can support MCR in many ways. If there are promotional materials to distribute, you can help do that. You can also help by helping spread videos and news online when asked, or simply by talking to people you know about the band. You can help in any way that you feel comfortable.

Oct 10, 2011

REVIEW: My Chemical Romance Live in San Diego

Call them Emo, call them Goth/Punk/Pop/Alternative, call them whatever, there's no denying My Chemical Romance's popularity.  You would be hard pressed to tell whether the crowd at Cricket Wireless Amphitheater was there to see the headliner blink-182 or My Chemical Romance.

I was surprised how much I liked this bands show.  I had heard nightmare stories about the lighting (from a photographer's perspective) but it wasn't as bad as I expected.  Yes, red lights everywhere but they were bright red lights, with a few white spots and some blue/green/yellow thrown in as well so it made for some decent photos.

Singer Gerard Way knows how to work the crowd, that much is for sure.  One foot on the monitor, both hands on the mic, a powerful and moody figure surrounded in red light and even redder hair.  Don't dare call them an Emo band though.
Call them what you will, they delivered a powerful show that I wouldn't mind seeing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment