RULES & REGS

Everyone is equal, everyone should be excellent to each other, and everyone should be supportive. No racist, sexist, or otherwise derogatory messages will be allowed here. We’re all one family, so be sure you act accordingly.

MCRmy members can support MCR in many ways. If there are promotional materials to distribute, you can help do that. You can also help by helping spread videos and news online when asked, or simply by talking to people you know about the band. You can help in any way that you feel comfortable.

May 29, 2011

FAN TOUR REPORT: Orlando

By. Laurie F.
As we drove toward the venue, an arch way for Walt Disney World greeted us with the line "Where dreams come true..." and it was at that moment, I knew that I would have the most amazing time. Downtown Disney was littered with day-glo hair and uniforms, as the Killjoys were ready to make some noise, myself included.
Now, this is where the situation gets a bit odd. Most of the past reviews of the tour have mentioned meeting the band before the show starts. This, however, ended up not being the case for me. I missed when Mehdi, one of the most awesome dudes in MCR's crew, let people in for it. Luckily, thanks to Lauren, Mehdi, Tina, and Cassie, things got a bit straightened out and I would have my meeting with the band after the show.
Soon, the lights when dark, and Dr. Death Defying's voice played over the speakers, and I rushed with a group of photographers down into the media area to take picture of the show during the first three songs. You could feel the energy flowing from the guys as they took the stage. Soon, the opening chords of "Na Na Na" began to tear from the speakers and I wanted so badly to dance, but was a bit too nervous & wanted good pictures. They followed that with "Give 'Em Hell, Kid" which is definitely one of my favourites from Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge. And soon, I was given a bit of a shock as Pedicone began the beat for "Vampire Money." I've seen Mychem play once already on this tour, and from where I was at I couldn't hear any of the response bits in the intro, but this time, I heard a resounding "Yeah!" from Ray. As Vampire Money ended we were shuffled out of the photo area, and I made my way back to my friend in the crowd. The best moment of was when Gerard announced to us that they had a special guest. They brought out a chair, and Gerard introduced us to a young girl named Claire. Gerard went on to tell us that Claire had been bullied for her medical condition. She asked to sing a song with them and that song was Planetary (GO!) and it was the best performance of it that I've seen of that song. Definitely go to YouTube and search for it, I'm sure there are loads of videos.
Setlist:
Look Alive, Sunshine
Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)
Give 'Em Hell, Kid
Vampire Money
Hang 'Em High
The Only Hope For Me Is You
Planetary (GO!)
DESTROYA
I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
House Of Wolves
Summertime
Teenagers
SING
Welcome To The Black Parade
Mama
Vampires Will Never Hurt You
Helena
Encore:
Cancer
Bulletproof Heart
All in all the show was simply amazing, and what followed was probably the best moments of my life. Mehdi & Lauren found me after the show, I apologize for my lack of tact, due to me not wanting to bother them while they were working. After some waiting, Gerard and Mikey walked to us and greeted us. A few minutes later Frank and Ray joined. We chatted with them a bit, handed them some things we had for them, they signed for us, and then we took a photo. They were so nice, and interested in what we had to say. All in all, they're the most amazing guys ever.
They really care about the MCRmy, remember that!
CREDIT: MCR BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment