RULES & REGS

Everyone is equal, everyone should be excellent to each other, and everyone should be supportive. No racist, sexist, or otherwise derogatory messages will be allowed here. We’re all one family, so be sure you act accordingly.

MCRmy members can support MCR in many ways. If there are promotional materials to distribute, you can help do that. You can also help by helping spread videos and news online when asked, or simply by talking to people you know about the band. You can help in any way that you feel comfortable.

Aug 22, 2012

ARTICLE - Deadmau5 Talks His Organic Collaboration With My Chemical Romance’s Gerard Way

During an exclusive interview with KROQ jock Stryker, EDM superstar Deadmau5 talked about his recent collaboration with My Chemical Romance frontman Gerard Way, the song “Professional Griefers,” and how it came together organically.

“I haven’t really known him that long in the way that I’d like to say, ‘I know that guy,’” Deadmau5 said regarding his relationship with the MCR singer. “I don’t 100 percent know Gerard or where his head’s at, but I like where it’s going. I kind of connected with him on the level that he’s almost in the same position I am. He’s amid a sea of emo rock bands, you know what I mean? I’m in the middle of a sea of DJs and stuff like that, so we both had that connection. I felt it was a kind of cool collab, because we could both break out of that entirely and just do this one thing that was like our forces combined.”

The collaboration was also unique in that unlike most superstar pairings, Deadmau5 and Way worked on the song together in a California recording studio as opposed to just sending digital files to each other over the internet.

“We worked at a friend of his’ studio here in L.A.,” Deadmau5 explained to Stryker. “If he did something wrong…or not wrong, but something that we could bitch about to each other to fill the day,” he elaborated about the recording process. “It was right then and there. He could just go back into the little mic room there and scream away. That’s a unique opportunity you get between two artists on that level. I like that, and I think I want to do more of that, not necessarily with him, but with other people I enjoy doing things with.”

“Professional Griefers” is the first single from the forthcoming Deadmau5 full-length release, Album Title Goes Here, set for release on September 25.

source 

No comments:

Post a Comment