RULES & REGS

Everyone is equal, everyone should be excellent to each other, and everyone should be supportive. No racist, sexist, or otherwise derogatory messages will be allowed here. We’re all one family, so be sure you act accordingly.

MCRmy members can support MCR in many ways. If there are promotional materials to distribute, you can help do that. You can also help by helping spread videos and news online when asked, or simply by talking to people you know about the band. You can help in any way that you feel comfortable.

Sep 16, 2011

REVIEW: Tour Blogger: Honda Civic Tour Denver

by deaththekid 

September 4, 2011 was the best day of the year for all the Killjoys that were in Colorado at the time. We all gathered together under the sun, along with all the Rancid and Blink 182 fans. Butterflies fluttered around in my stomach and I could see the excitement dripping off of everyone's faces. I could tell it was going to be a good show. 




I got my tickets and stood in line with my little sister, who I decided to bring with me, and waited to be let in. As the line finally began to move, I stuck my photo pass to my shirt, knowing I would need it later. We got to our seats without much trouble and I decided that they weren't too bad. I noticed that most of the My Chemical Romance fans were in the back and wished they could join me. Anticipation was written on every single person's face.

After about an hour of studying the crowd, Rancid came on and did an excellent job of pumping up the audience. As the crowd settled down, the butterflies in my stomach turned into dragons. I knew what was coming next.

     The lights dimmed and the Japanese agent came on the screen. When she got done speaking, I heard the beginning of the all too familiar song Na Na Na. The crowd went wild. That moment I forgot about everything. I was enticed. And, judging by the feel of the vibes the crowd was emitting, so was everyone else. All the boys in the band played their hearts out, their emotions riding with every note out to the crowd, the beat pulsing through our bodies.

Part way through Planetary (Go!), Gerard took his jacket off and I saw one of the most cutest things ever. He was wearing a unicorn shirt that had his wife's name on it. I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but I thought it was very sweet. 


     I closed my eyes, letting the music take me away to a problem free place. I sang every word of every song as loud as I could, not caring if anyone heard me. Right before they started playing S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W I felt so alive, more alive than I ever have before. No one was judging me, or giving me funny looks, and everyone was singing along with me. Everybody seemed to be one huge emotion, all of us moving and singing as one.  I no longer felt the need to look okay or sound okay. I fit in perfectly just the way I was.


     Gerard said that it was his wife and his anniversary, and that she was at the show. I could feel myself smile, glancing around to see if I could spot her. No such luck. It added to the excitement anyway.


     A few songs later they played Cancer, and before I knew it the band was leaving the stage. I debated climbing up onto the stage and staying there forever, keeping that amazing feeling with me, but decided against it. I'll have my stage time when my band kicks off.


 As the audience started to leave I could see the happiness in their faces. It was the same happiness that was plastered to my face as well. We all got what we wanted. 


deaththekid - BUZZNET

No comments:

Post a Comment